I have seen this idea on many blogs and thought it was a great idea. It seems that once a week, the blogger focuses on several things they like this week. I chose ten things this week for a couple of reasons. First, I haven’t seriously blogged in a while and second (and most important) the alliteration works well. I admit, the number may change each week if there isn’t too much to talk about but “Top Two Tuesday” didn’t seem like enough :).
So, here goes.
10. Club Bing. I admit it, sometimes I have nothing to do at work and have to find ways to entertain myself. I found clubbing.com and love it. If you play games online, you should check out this website. You earn “tickets” for playing games. You can earn up to 1000 tickets per day (unless it is a double ticket day in which you can earn 2000 tickets). Those tickets can in turn be used for awards on the website. There are some great awards including a kitchen aid mixer and a blue ray DVD player
9. Zumba. I won’t go into this too much since I mentioned it in my last post. But, you’ve got to check out this class. It is a lot of fun!!!
8. Prairie Life Fitness Center. I joined this gym a month ago and love it. It’s has a great country club feel and isn’t too crowded. Plus, it’s right down the road for work so I can take my lunch and go for a 30 minute swim and come back feeling refreshed and ready to go for the rest of the day.
7. Academy Sports Clearance Sales. I discovered this a couple of years ago and make sure I visit Academy Sports every July because they put a HUGE amount of workout clothing on clearance. I realize that most stores put summer clothes on clearance in July but Academy does it well.
6. The Bridge Spring Hill goes to two services. Last Sunday was my churches first Sunday with two services. We were getting over crowded with just one service and the move to two services was needed. I enjoyed sitting in the first service with my space bubble in tact.
5. Leverage. This is a show that is on TNT on Sunday nights. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. It’s about a group of thieves that band together to help people who have been wronged. Timothy Hutton is part of the cast (he plays the mastermind of the group). The show is shot a lot like the Oceans Eleven, Twelve adn Thirteen movies where they pull a con and then the camera goes back to show how they accomplished their con.
4. Hungry Girl. These cookbooks are great. She takes modern day favorites and re-works them so they are more healthy. Sure she uses a lot of processed foods (Fiber one, Shitaki noodles and butternut squash are some of her favorites). You can check her out at hungry-girl.com
3. Swagbucks. I know I’ve mentioned this before, but thought I’d plug it again. This is a website that gives you “swagbucks” for searching the web. There are other ways to earn swagbucks as well (daily polls, shopping online, surveys). You can exchange those swagbucks for things in the swag store (my favorite are the amazon e-gift cards). I get a referral if you sign up so if you’re going to check it out, use this link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/nashpredsfan
2. Summer fruits & veggies. My manager has a great garden. She brought in some yummy summer squash and cucumbers yesterday that I have enjoyed. I love the summer season with fresh fruits (melons and berries) and vegetables. Yummy!!!
1. sparkpeople.com. After getting burned out with Weight Watchers, I’ve been looking for other options for weightloss. I was reminded recently about this website and the best thing is….it’s free!!!! The website allows you to track your calories and your exercise. In addition, you create your own personal spark page, you are assigned to teams of people who can offer support. One of my teams has even assigned us accountability partners if we were interested in. And we just started a six week biggest loser challenge. All of this support is a wonderful motivator.