Welcome to my stop on the JustRead Publicity Tour’s BLOG TOUR for Falling for the Cowgirl by Tina Radcliffe.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Title: Falling for the Cowgirl
Series: Big Heart Ranch, Book 2
Author: Tina Radcliffe
Publisher: Love Inspired
Release Date: June 19, 2018
She won the job… Can he win her heart?
Hiring Amanda “AJ” McAlester as his assistant at the Big Heart Ranch isn’t foreman Travis Maxwell’s first choice—but his sisters insist she’s perfect for the job. And AJ’s determined to prove she’s just as qualified as any man. But with money on the line, AJ and her innovative ideas could put him at risk of losing everything…including his heart.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Originally from Western, N.Y., Tina Radcliffe left home for a tour of duty with the Army Security Agency stationed in Augsburg, Germany and ended up in Tulsa Oklahoma. While living in Tulsa she spent ten years as a Certified Oncology R.N. Her move to Colorado led to a career as a library cataloger. A freelance writer for over twenty years, Tina is a two-time RWA Golden Heart finalist, two-time Carol Award finalist, and a 2014 ACFW Carol Award winner. She currently resides in Arizona where she writes fun, heartwarming romance.
Stay up to date on all her releases by signing up for her newsletter HERE. (http://bit.ly/2angfWP)
As a writer, I think words are fun, but phrases are funner. (Merriam Webster however frowns on using fun as an adjective.) My walls, notebooks and journals are filled with phrases from the inspirational to the irreverent. Here are a few of my favorite short phrases.
- I have a Garmin. Yes. A Garmin. I am aware that everyone else has built-in GPS into their car or utilizes their phone for directional guidance. I have a Garmin. She is programmed to respond to the command Ground Control. When I say, “Ground Control, go home,” she says, “Navigating home.” There is nothing sweeter than that phrase. Wherever in the world I may be, navigating home is the familiar voice calling me back to the nest
- The end. Truly, these are my favorite writing words. I have a wall full of scriptures and prayers encouraging me to finish the book and reminding me that I can write the book. Yet, no matter how many books I begin there will always be that tiny little voice inside telling me I have no clue what I am doing and I will not, in fact, be able to complete the book. The end is the giant elephant that gets to sit on that voice. But not until..the end.
- I have an empty nest and it wasn’t easy. These days I’m into minimalism. That means I minimally do everything, except writing. I mostly minimally clean and cook. My favorite phrase around six pm is “Let’s order pizza.” Come on, can you resist this copy ad? “The secret family pizza recipe has been passed down through multiple generations, bringing the original thick, yet fluffy crust and the tangy, sweet and spicy sauce straight from Italy to you.” I rest my case.
- Protect the work. This phrase is a sign over my desk. The phrase was coined by author Jennifer Crusie in an article published years ago. (You can find it here.) It is a reminder that we must not let those things that are important be swallowed up by those things that are not important. Writing is a head job. Reduce the noise and keep your head in the work. Protect the work.
5. Do something. This is one of the most powerful phrases in my personal arsenal. Instead of focusing on what you cannot do, always focus on what you can do. This serves me well in every single circumstance. Personal disaster strikes? What CAN I do? I CAN pray. Stuck in the middle of a scene? What CAN I do? I CAN brainstorm the next scene. And so on. Never allow yourself to get into an, ‘I can’t’ mentality. Do something!
Thank you for allowing me to share with you. Thank you to Suzie, for hosting me.
I’d love to know your favorite phrases and their origins.
How about it readers, leave your favorite phrase (and its origin) in the comments.
- An autographed copy of Falling for the Cowgirl
- Corkcicle Canteen Classic Collection-Water Bottle & Thermos-Triple Insulated Shatterproof Stainless Steel, 9 oz, Gloss Pink
- ESVAN Original Floral Tote Bag Shoulder Bag for Gym Hiking Picnic Travel Beach
- 20.00 Amazon Gift Card
Be sure to check out each stop on the tour for more chances to win. Full tour schedule shown below. Complete prize open to US mailing addresses only. If international winner, winner will win the gift card only. For our giveaway rules and policy, click HERE.
For the full tour schedule, click on either of the launch pages below.
*NOTE: This post contains affiliate links.