Welcome to the Blog & Review Tour – and Giveaway – for War-Torn Heart by Allison Wells, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
ABOUT THE BOOK
Title: War-Torn Heart
Author: Allison Wells
Publisher: Ambassador International
Genre: Historical Fiction
Release Date: March 20, 2019
Abigail Walker, a young woman from rural South Carolina, is on the cusp of womanhood, aching to be able to run wild as the younger children do, yet yearning for things she has yet to understand.
Awkward and unsure of herself, Abby is flustered when she meets Harvey Nicholas, a cadet from Clemson College. As summer begins, Abby finds herself constantly in the company of Harvey and falling quickly in love with him.
As rumors of war begin to reach the States, Abby begins to fear what may come for her older brother and Harvey.
Once Pearl Harbor is bombed, the boys are eager to protect their home and the women they love. But will Abby and Harvey’s love be able to withstand distance, rumors, loss, and hurt? Or will the war be what tears apart Abby’s heart?
War-Torn Heart is a kleenex-box book with a story of hope, of love, and of perseverance through World War II, which will make the reader cry, scream, and long for more.
PURCHASE LINKS: Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Book Depository |CBD
IN MY OPINION
This story set during the 1940s is a bit different than most World War II stories. Instead of following the men off to war, Allison Wells leaves readers in America with the people left waiting and worrying for them men.
As Abigail meets a young man, falls in love, sees him off to war, and worries for Harvey and her brother, the emotions that readers go through are a veritable rollercoaster (and I’m talking about the ones with the twists turns, and gut-dropping falls). Wells does not shy away from the realities of war and life. There is loss, sickness, worry, and pain but the author also counterbalances that well with some more joyful events.
War-Torn Heart will toe (and probably cross) the line for some readers when it comes to the physical interaction of the two young lovebirds. The kissing starts early and often and sometimes gets a little intimate and perhaps a little repetitive. In fact, I’d say about 40% of this book is the physical interactions and Abby’s reaction to Harvey with the other 60% focusing on emotions. So if you are a fan of kissing books and don’t shy away from a realistic portrayal of the temptation before marriage and a story that will wring you out emotionally, this is one for your TBR list.
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Allison Wells is a new author, but for the most part she’s a Southern wife and mother. With four active children, she spends most of her time in the car, but when she can she loves to sit down and read or write. Allison is a graduate of Clemson University in the beautiful foothills of South Carolina and she still lives close enough to hear football games on Saturdays.
CONNECT WITH ALLISON: website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
(1) winner will win a print copy of War-Torn Heart (US only)
(1) winner will win an ebook copy of War-Torn Heart (open internationally)
Enter via the Rafflecopter giveaway below. Giveaway will begin at midnight March 18, 2019 and last through 11:59 pm March 25, 2019. Void where prohibited by law. Winners will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Giveaway is subject to the policies found here.
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!
Melissa Andres says
I’m really looking forward to reading this story!
Allison Wells says
I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks for the opportunity <3