7. This gorgeous cover.
6. A glimpse into both Scottish and English Cultures in 1912 gives readers just a taste of fan-favorite televisions series Downtown Abbey and Outlander.
5. Relationship born. Relationships mended. Relationships strengthened, torn apart, and ended. Just like in life, everyone one of these is effortlessly woven throughout the pages of The Reluctant Duchess.
4. The Return of the Fire Eyes diamonds (and all that goes with them: deception, greed, and intrigue). Readers of The Lost Heiress will also enjoy catch up with Brook and Justin Stafford.
3. The Duke of Nottingham. Because who doesn’t love a hero? Who doesn’t long for a champion to rescue them when all hope seems lost? His Grace’s strong faith and desire to do whatever God asks of him makes him even more irresistible.
2. Author Roseanna M. White’s magnificent ability to weave complicated and life-altering circumstances into a story of hope, redemption, and love.
1. Rowena Kinnaird’s journey from a broken shell of a woman to the one God intended her to become.
A brief overview of The Reluctant Duchess (book 2 in the Ladies of the Manor series):
After an attack that changes her life, Rowena Kinnaird, heir to a Scottish Earldom, longs for nothing more than to leave everything behind her, to escape from her father. Flee from the man she’s intended to marry. From a life she believes she doesn’t deserve, isn’t worth.
Enter the Duke of Nottingham, a man Rowena has not met before yet offers her the means to escape she desperately desires. But is she exchanging the nightmare she knows for one she doesn’t? Will running to a county she’s never seen, where everyone will look down on her despite her new station, deter her from being able to finally stand on her own? To discover who she truly is?
And what of the rumors swirling about the Duke and some cursed diamonds? Is she in even more danger in her new life than in her old?
Available for sale everywhere Tuesday, April 5. Pre-order yours today.
And don’t forget to stop by the author’s website on release day for a chance to win some fabulous prizes!
****Bethany House Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest and fair review. All opinions expressed are my own.